A peek at the past week (how I’ve been): As we approach D-Day, I feel like time is both racing by and stopped. It’s a really strange feeling. I have a hard time remembering what I’ve done, and so these catch-up questions are tough for me (and would be impossible if I didn’t update on the Baby Bells forum as often as I did). Here’s what week 37 held:
Started the week off with some housekeeping (which has been hard to stay on top of, with everything else we’ve been doing), followed by selling my old dress form to an old knitting friend of mine. The weather was insanely hot (like, nearly 30 degrees celcius. That’s really crazy for us, this time of year). I had my weekly midwife appointment, which was ok. I met our other student midwife and am not so sure about her. She seemed really unconfident and we just didn’t mesh. Otherwise though, everything was fine. Me and Liam are doing well, and the midwife thinks I’ve got a couple of weeks left before labour.
Pat and I bought some furniture, and continued work on the house. We got the office/soon to be guest room cleared out and the carpets cleaned. We cleared out the nursery and vacuumed in there, before moving all the baby stuff back in. The basement is almost completely done. It’s been a ton of work, and there’s still lots to do, but I’m kind of over it. At this point, so long as the house is functional, I’m happy. I honour of our mat photo shoot and the hot weather, I went out and bought a few cute summery/spring mat tops which have been a huge help for those steamy days.
Friday was my mother’s birthday, and in her honour a few of my co-workers were participating in the Relay for Life, so Pat and I showed up to support them. Saturday we got the new furniture delivered and spent the rest of the day with S and K. S and I went to get some pedicures (which was an amazing experience. I needed it SO BAD) and then we had a dinner double date. Sunday, we had our maternity photo shoot and then we finished up the rest of our baby shopping, with a couple of exceptions. We’re definitely very close to being totally ready for this little guy. Also, my sister booked her flights! She’ll be here from the 4th of April until the 26th. Can’t wait for her to arrive! Just about a week away now!
How far along am I right now? 38 weeks, 1 day.
I am thinking…about how Liam could arrive any time now. Part of me is fighting this, screaming “We’re not ready yet! There’s so much left to do!”, but i know that no matter when he gets here, everything will be fine. I refuse to five in to the guilt and feel like we’re not doing enough for him, even before he gets here.
I am thankful for… Popsicles and ginger lemon tea. Guess who’s sick? Sigh
From the kitchen… Nothing really. Been too busy
I am wearing… Jeans, a long sleeved mat shirt and a sweater. The hot weather last week is gone and it got down to -15 this week.
I am creating…The finishing touches on Liam’s hat. It’s just missing the ears! Planning on starting the sweater asap too
I am going…to be happy when we don’t have any trades or contractors coming to the house. I’m exhausted with waiting around for someone to show up.
I am reading… not really reading right now. Too tired and too busy
I am hoping…that Liam stays put for a little while yet. There’s still so much to do! Also, I hope our mat photos turn out!
I am hearing…Lots of calming music. Last night it was Loreena McKennitt while I had a bath. Lots of Mumford and Sons, Tori, Sarah Harmer, and Neko Case.
Around the house…Lots of work!
- Basement painting (only a bit left, but we’re waiting until all the furniture is down to do the stairwell, as its getting dinged and scratched)
- Move Office Downstairs
- Decluttered and reorganized front closet
- Decluttered and reorganized dining room
- Set up organization system in basement
- Do all baby laundry and sort clothes
- Start packing hospital bag
- Buy Nursing tanks
- Set up TV Space downstairs
- Bought sectional, coffee table and TV stand for basement
- Set up Office downstairs
- Cleaned out Soon-To-Be-Guest-Room (including carpet cleaning)
- Moved furniture into guest room
- Decluttered and reorganized bathrooms
- Decluttered and reorganized kitchen (mostly done)
- Bought the remaining baby essentials
- Do maternity photos
- Sold living room desk
- Bought new phones for the house to replace the crappy dying ones
- Bought Baby Journal
- Scheduled an estimate with an HVAC guy
- Buy living room furniture
- Buy bookcases for basement
- Set up guest room
- Declutter and reorganize bedroom
- Declutter and reorganize living room
- Buy mattress for crib
- Set up nursery
- Confirm hospital bag is packed
- Make freezer meals
- Sell Subaru
- Buy new family vehicle
- Set up car seat
- Cleanse Quilt of Hate into Quilt of Love
- Get rid of current living room furniture.
- Replace A/C and furnace
- Get basement window installed
- Move Kitty Litter to basement
- Decide what to do with master bedroom
- Go on a date with hubby
One of my favorite things…Crocs. I’ve actually ordered a bunch more. Don’t judge! They are way cuter now and are seriously comfortable.
Weight Gain: Total, about 36 lbs.