I can’t believe it’s already time for me to write this post. Two years ago, at 5:04am, my whole world was born.
He was stubborn. He didn’t want to leave his comfy home. It was 31 hours of labour, 17 of which was intense active back labour, and 5 hours of pushing. Finally, my big boy was born via escape hatch at 9lbs1oz.
Two years. How is this possible?
32.5lbs, 38.2″ tall.
- Diaper Size: Pampers Cruisers 6
- Clothing Size: 3T, squeezing into some of the bigger 2T stuff
- Nicknames: Monkey, Baby, Little Man, Stinker, Turd.
- Teeth: All of them, though the molars are still coming through (they keep poking out, and then receding, the jerks)
- Had a long hard winter, including several bad colds, and a few trips to CHEO
- Loves to dance, jump, run and spin
- Is finally starting to talk. He doesn’t use sentences very often, but that’s ok.
- Still loves antagonizing the animals.
- We hang out with his best buds Gus and Wesley about once a week.
- Very picky about his food! Chicken nuggets, bananas and french fries are his favourites
- Is still nursing frequently
- Loves making art. Painting is his favourite, though he loves using window markers on the patio doors too
- Can’t get enough fresh air. Stomping in puddles is the best.
- Is a young chef in training – Loves to help me cook.
- Is finally starting to sleep better.
- Loves giving kisses and hugs.
- Loves watching kids movies, so long as they are animated and have talking animals.
- Bubbles make him happier than anything else in the world
- Terrible Twos in full force.
I can’t believe how grown up Liam seems these days. He has such a wonderful personality. He feels so strongly and loves spending time with us and his friends. He is such a little dude now! It’s a joy to see him interact with his friends and have them run off and play independently (He and Gus playing “nap time” is truly the cutest thing ever). He is incredibly polite and will often sign please and say thank you without prompting. He finally called Pat “Daddy” and me “Ma” (until recently, we were both Ma). He loves drumming and making music. He sings, he speaks to the animals, and he loves it when we have a busy day ahead. He’s down to one nap in the afternoon (usually b/w 11-1).
I have never been more in love, or felt more pride than I do for my monkey. I am thankful that I am able to stay home with him during the day and be a part of his growth and learning. Love you, little man. You are our everything.