Oh man, have I ever been meaning to get this up sooner. I’m a whole month late. Geez. Can you believe my oldest is already 4 years old? Well, I’m sure you can. It’s not exactly magic. I’m in shock though. I swear he was a baby yesterday. Today he made himself a snack, got himself dressed and peed all over the bathroom floor.
It’s been a crazy year. Going from 3 to 4 is really a HUGE change. Kids go from babies to kids, just like that. He talks so much now, and has so many opinions. He sees and hears so much. He takes everything in. He’s so excited to start school in the fall and even started preschool this year in preparation. He looooooves dufferdoo. He’s also doing karate once a week, which is the best. We hang out with his friends as much as we can (as much as our schedule and my anxiety allows). His best friend is Isla, who happens to also be one of his oldest friends. He ADORES his cousins Cassidy, Elliot and Wesley. Watching him with his brother is my greatest joy. He is so protective of Mason. He loves him to pieces, even when it’s hard.
Now, for some stats and an interview:
Around 43.25″ tall (about 3.6 feet), 43lbs
Nicknames: Monkey, kiddo, turd, turdmonkey, buddy, baby, big guy.
Diapers: He uses the potty during the day and wears good nights at night.
Noms: This kid is fussy. This has not changed. We’ve been able to add a few food items to his diet, but not much. Seriously. The only things he will eat are: Peanut butter, cucumber, carrots, cantaloupe, milk chocolate, olives, chicken nuggets, french fries, cold uncooked hot dogs, pepperoni, pizza (sometimes), kraft dinner, bologna, satines, waffles, gold fish, ice cream, apples, bananas, frozen blueberries and strawberry yogurt.
It was pretty awesome reading last year’s post. It’s funny that every year I’m like “Oh god, this is the hardest age”. I will say they all have their awful bits and awesome bits. I love how independent he is now. He’s such a PERSON. He has his own likes, dislikes, reactions, emotions, etc… The hardest part is the sass that comes at 4. Oh man, it was like a switch. Suddenly he’s all backtalk, sass, and potty humour.
- How old are you? 4
- What is your favourite colour? Red
- What is your favourite animal? Dinosaur
- What is your favourite book? The Animals Alphabet
- What is your favourite show? Sarah and Duck (Mummy would also add Paw Patrol, Teen Titans Go, and Curious George)
- What is your favourite movie? Big Hero 6 (aka Hiro Hamada)
- What is your favourite song? I don’t know
- What is your favourite food? Bananas
- What is your favourite snack? cheese
- What is your favourite outfit? Shorts and soccor ball shirts
- What is your favourite game? (goes to get Rayman Video game), Tag and What time is it Mr. Wolf
- What is your favourite toy? Buzz Lightyear
- Who is your best friend? Isla
- What is your favourite thing to do? Play with everyone
- What is your favourite thing to do outside? Play at the park
- What is your favourite holiday? Tuesday and Halloween
- What do you want to be when you grow up? Daddy
Happy Birthday, baby. I love you so much.